3/1/2019 2 Comments
I don’t know what the hell I’m going to write about, but I’m so damn glad it’s Friday!!!!!! IT’S FRIDAY FRIYAY!!!!!!!
WHEW! It feel good to get that out! I haven’t had a bad week or anything, but I’m just ready to do absolutely 1-3 things this entire weekend. I would LOVE to say, “I’m ready to do absolutely nothing this weekend,” but the Maury Povich Lie Detector determined that type of wishful thinking IS A LIE! Parents, you know our weekends are filled with all types of events, meeting, trips to the grocery store and the usually bouts of parents!!!!
But IT’S FRIDAY Y’ALL!!!!!
Again, it’s not that I’ve had a bad week. I’ve actually had a pretty good week. My days at work went great. About 92% of my colleagues are great. I don’t see the other 8% enough to really have a valued opinion.
I read myself to sleep each night. Yes, each night I cuddle next to my Tall, Dark and Handsome, sipped some hibiscus tea laced with some melatonin and read until I fell asleep. And if you have never tried melatonin….OH SWEET BABY JESUS!!!! Go to Walgreen, or go across the street to CVS, and get you some today! That stuff will give you a good nights sleep (Psst…they also have some for children too.) And if you have tried melatonin, but you feel like it doesn’t do anything for you…(probably because you have other anxiety issues)….may I suggest ZzQuil? That stuff is dope as ________.
Although I only had grits 1 day this week, I was still able to enjoy my candlelit showers every morning. Yes, I take a candlelit shower every single morning while listening an amazing, jaw dropping podcast by Aaron Mahnke (The Cabinet of Curiosities or Lore). This is the only time in which my kids do not disturb me at all. Maybe those warm first-breakfasts keep them seated for a minute or 10. (Keyword: first-breakfast….there is also 2nd breakfast, snack, lunch, post-lunch snack, after-school grains, a pre-dinner tasting and finally dinner and maybe dessert. If you think this is crazy, you should see how they eat when they don’t go to school.)
My cycle started this week. (Okay, this isn’t the greatest, but at least I’m not pregnant with baby #5! Sooooo…..welcome Aunt Flo.) Plus, Midol, German Chocolate Cake from Frost and a good Merlot can make all the pain of having a period go far, far, away.
Hubby was off work for 2 whole weekdays! Which means, he took the kids to school and I had a quiet ride to work. It also means that he cooked dinner and did other house duties. And…AND…he took the kids to their dental appointments which took a total of 3+ hrs for 3 kids: 1 filling, 1 getting braces and 1 regular cleaning. His 2 days off also means that I enjoyed great foot rubs with my new lotion from Buff City Soaps, Fresh Snow!
Oh, the kids also made it to every Girl Scout, Boy Scout and Ballet meeting. Whoop whoop! Plus, I was able to keep Tuesday and Wednesday evening clear and free.
NEVERTHELESS……It’s FRIDAY!!!! After work today, I will stop by the soft opening of Cousins Maine Lobster and the kids and I will chow down on some lobster tacos and lobster tater tots. Then I will drop the kids off at Grammie’s for Fun Friday for about 3 hours. And what will I do for those 3 hours????? Hell, I don’t know, but it won’t be parenting!!!!!
Now, tomorrow, I have a 5K Race, Eve’s Sorority meeting and 1 birthday party. Sunday I’ll be visiting a new church, picking up my Kroger Clicklist and enjoying the Off Road Race Series After-Party.
Yep, this has been a good week, but it’s about to be a GREAT weekend!!!!
4/6/2020 04:52:09 am
I really appreciate the fact that you go on details just to narrate how your day went. I t was not perfect; it was not even something that you dreamed to have but you should be glad because God was with. there were plans that were cancelled, but it is a good thing that you had time for your race. But you must be thankful because you are now preparing for the race that you'll join to. It will not be easy, but I am pretty sure that it's going to be worth it!
10/13/2022 11:12:23 pm
Special consumer fine organization. Other rest green.
Leave a Reply.
These are some of my thoughts, questions, comments and "could-care-less"...