Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing this "parenting" thing all wrong. Especially when it comes to my little girl. I have never had a daughter before, nor I have I ever babysat a little girl. I mean...the closest I came to little girls was probably in the nursery at church when I would drop off the boys or sometimes I would pass by the pre-k kids in the hallway. But that was it. GOD made ME a MOTHER to a GIRL WITHOUT ANY PREREQUISITES OR TRAINING.
So, with that said......I'm literally winging this "raise a girl into a woman" thing. And frankly, I wonder if I'm doing it right. I feed her, clothe her and love her to pieces. We have tea parties and I sing to her when I wash her hair. I spank her when she's bad. I praise her when she does well. So why does she whine and glare at me sooooo much???
Here are just a few things TODAY as of 4:11pm that she has whined loudly.
1. Mom, that's my spot. I want to lay down. (I'm laying down in my own bed BTW. She has no claim here nor I ever done anything for her to think she does. She has her OWN bed in her OWN room.)
2. Mommie, my nose is running. (7 times)
3. Mommy I want to lay down.
4. Mommy, he won't give me his toy. (Keyword: His toy, not her toy.)
5. NOOOOOOOOO....(Alligator tears starts.) (This starts whenever the following words are said aloud: "No", "Wait", "Stop", "Come here", "Hold On", "Whoopin", "Be quiet", "No Hitting", "You Can't" and many more I'm probably forgetting.
6. Ketchup is on my corndog, but I didn't dip it.
7. But I wanna come in the kitchen.
8. But I wanna drink it!!
9. I only hit my brother!!!!!
Oh, btw....she's only 2. What is 13 gonna look like????? ____ ____ ____ ____ (Fill in with a 4-letter word.)
Mommy Phoebe Free
These are simple letters to my kids...about their antics.